Aloha! Welcome to our CRDG Information Technology site.
The Curriculum Research & Development Group (CRDG) is an organized research unit within the College of Education at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa. Our information technology team provides a wide array of information technology and audio visual support services, consulting, and special services to students, faculty, staff of the organized research unit, to our partner charter school – the University Laboratory School, and to other educational organizations.
We specialize in servicing K-12 organizations, while our gamut of services is for P-20.
Our services include:
- technology and purchasing consulting, computer hardware, peripherals (e.g. printers, scanners, etc.)
- A/V equipment troubleshooting and installation/relocation, technology asset management (e.g. hardware and software inventory, upgrade cycle, and disposal)
- budgeting and forecasting, life cycling, determination of which equipment to be purchased, handling of procurement, processing of paperwork, professional development and technical training
- network troubleshooting, data backup, archiving, and backup restoration
- student information system (PowerSchool), FileMaker servers, and Web servers), software troubleshooting and installations
- reservation and sign-out of equipment, telecommunications requests, server administration and management (e.g. file sharing services, website hosting, database hosting)
- full audio visual production services (e.g. consulting, pre/production/post and distribution and events of any size)
- researching, engineering, installing, maintaining, and providing training for interactive multimedia classroom solutions
- database development and administration, software development
- event and conference services
- physical security, access control, intrusion detection and video surveillance consulting and management.